Brazil is the first country in South America to implement a Digital Nomad Visa and as of 24 February 2022 it is official. Now you can travel, work remotely and enjoy this exciting destination, with its great food, beaches, nightlife, carnival and rainforest. Have fun in Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Proto Alegre, Recife or Florianópolis. Brazil the South American superpower is there to be experienced by digital nomads who want to feed their souls.
Brazil sees bringing in Digital Nomads as one of the ways to revive its economy ravaged by the Covid-19 pandemic. Digital nomads will bring in skills and spend money that is much needed.
What Are the Requirements For the Brazil Digital Nomad Visa?
You will have to go to a Brazilian embassy or consulate and apply for the Brazil Digital Nomad Visa there, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Valid passport or other documents that prove your identity and nationality, under the terms of the treaties to which the Country is a party.
- Health insurance that has coverage for Brazil
- Proof of payment of visa fees
- Completed visa application form
- Proof of means of transport to Brazil
- Criminal record certificate issued by the country of origin or, at the secretion of the consular authority and in accordance with the peculiarities of the country where the visa was requested, an equivalent document
- Documents proving the status of a digital nomad. This can be a contract of an overseas employer or in case of self-employment a business that is incorporated overseas.
- Declaration attesting to carry out professional activities remotely, through information and communication technologies.
What are The Income Requirements For The Brazil Digital Nomad Visa?
The minimum income requirements for the Brazil Digital Nomad visa are US$1500 a month. Alternatively, you can also show a bank deposit of a minimum of $18,000. We assume this is for one person applying. It is not clear what the requirements are for couples or family dependents.
What are the Covid-19 Rules with regards to Brazil?
As of February 2022, the Covid-19 rules with regards to visitors are that you need to be fully vaccinated. You will also have to bring a negative Covid test. You will have to provide a filled-out Health Affidavit Form (DSV), you can find that here: formulario.anvisa.gov.br
What Are the Fees for The Brazil Digital Nomad Visa?
The fees are not clear yet. Also, we don’t know if there is a package deal for couples or families.
How Long Will It Take to Get the Brazil Digital Nomad Visa?
We expect the digital nomad visa to take 3 to 4 weeks to process, especially as the program has just been released.
How Long Can I Stay With The Brazil Digital Nomad Visa?
You can stay and do remote for 12 months with the Brazil Digital Nomad visa, this can be extended for another 12 months allowing you to stay a total of 24 months.
Are There Any Tax Benefits with the Brazil Digital Nomad Visa?
Currently, it is not known if there are any tax benefits that come with the Brazil Digital Nomad Visa. We will keep you updated.