Many students do not believe that they can combine travel and education, but it is possible. For this, you should master the secrets of taking full courses and enjoying nature, people, and culture all over the world.
By the way, travelling can help you in your studies. For example, you can write an essay about your trip. If you don’t know where to start, there are many travel topics to write about. Describe your experience on the trip without forgetting the emotions you got during the travel.
Enroll in the Minerva University
This is the most innovative university in the world, where students travel and live in seven megacities in different countries for four years of study: San Francisco, Seoul, Hyderabad, Berlin, Buenos Aires, London, and Taipei.
Of course, it may be difficult for you to combine academic performance, extracurricular activities, and preparation for admission. Because of this, you may not spend enough time studying each university, which is important for writing application essays. However, in this situation, a cheap essay writer can help you. You will receive a sample of an application essay that you can use while writing.
Consider exchange programs for students
Young people in the modern world simply have to be mobile and quickly respond to changing living conditions. This, in turn, pushes them towards an education that will be recognized in other countries. International diplomas of graduation from higher educational institutions can be obtained by completing a training course at foreign universities. Plus, it is a good option if you want to travel.
There are several ways to realize this learning opportunity in 2023.
- After graduating from secondary education, enter a higher education institution abroad.
- Complete a course of study at a foreign school and then enroll in a university in this country.
- Choose an exchange program.
The disadvantage of the first option is that not all applicants have a good knowledge of the language where they want to study. In the second option, the applicant has the advantage that they do not have a language barrier since they studied and lived in the country for several years while studying at school. The points regarding the cost of training, on the contrary, will be decisive. After all, the money will be spent several times more, depending on the time spent in the country of study.
For those who don’t want to spend a lot of money on education and still wish to study abroad and travel, the third option is the most suitable.
Student exchanges: advantages and difficulties
Let’s take a closer look at how to become an exchange student. To achieve this goal, several important points must be taken into account. How to take part in an exchange program?
- win an exchange program as a result of competition participation or as a grant;
- take part in programs or projects of various international organizations;
- agree to the exchange, independently choosing the university and program of interest.
Once a suitable option has been selected, it is necessary to act depending on it. Very often, travel and accommodation expenses during the period of study are included in the student’s own payment, although it is possible to find a free program.
Keep in mind that in case of self-selection of an exchange, you should not trust private advertisements posted on the Internet. In this case, it is impossible to ensure the safety of participation in the program.
Preparation of documents
The next step will be the preparation of the necessary documents. These include:
- IELTS certificate, which confirms English language proficiency. Also, be prepared to write a short essay explaining your motivation for participating in the program.
- Copies of the certificate that should be translated and certified.
- Copies of documents confirming academic achievements, if any.
- Medical certificate of the established form, as well as health insurance.
- As additional documents, it is advisable to prepare letters of recommendation from your teachers.
It should be noted that if the exchange program is chosen by you on your own, you need to prepare two sets of documents, one for your university and the other for the host country. After that, you need to fill out an application form and submit it to participate in the exchange program. The organizers may give additional tasks to prospective exchange candidates, especially if the program is free.
General points for any option will be saved. These include the presence of a valid passport, the provision of a certificate of knowledge of the language, and the opening of a student visa.
Moral readiness for student exchange
As noted above, studying in a student exchange program has many advantages. However, it is worth saying a few words about the difficulties that await those wishing to study abroad. We can say that they are more likely to relate to the problems of moral adaptation to the conditions of a new life.
Online courses have become a familiar part of our lives: they are used to change professions, improve qualifications, or simply take them as a hobby. Many universities have added online courses to their curriculum. Studying online is a good option if you want to travel at the same time.
Advantages of online learning
- You can study from anywhere. You can master the program of an American university while staying in your city or traveling.
- You can choose the pace of learning for yourself. You can also review lectures many times at a comfortable speed.
- You can choose when to attend classes. You do not need to adapt to the group or the teacher; you can study at any time.
- Compared to studying at a university, online courses help you quickly gain skills that can be applied immediately. There are many subjects in the university program that are not related to the profession, but they still take time to get a diploma.
- Less cost of payment than on a commercial basis in universities. There are many free online courses, and a profession can be obtained at an affordable cost.
Choose the option you like, and you can combine study and travel effectively.